Dr. Rodney Phillips
Vice President of Enrollment & Student Services, Title IX Coordinator
Teaching since: 2010
- B.A. in Bible Theology (minor: World Missions), Southeastern Bible College
- Th.M., Grace Theological Seminary
- Ed.D. in Leadership, Liberty University
- Assistant Pastor, Grace Bible Church, Birmingham, AL, 1986–1987
- Pastor, Broadlands Bible Church, DeRidder, LA, 1987–1992
- Senior Pastor, Union Valley Baptist Church, Hutchinson, KS, 1993–2000
- Senior Pastor, Duncan Park Baptist Church, Chattanooga, TN, 2001–2006
- Pastor & Instructor, Stone Eden Baptist Church & Christian School, Stoneville, NC, 2006–2009
- Church Planting Pastor, The Church at Fayetteville, NC, 2010–2012
- Representative, Biblical Ministries Worldwide, 2010–2017
- Adult Bible Study Fellowship Teacher, Shepherds Church, Cary, NC, 2017–
- Adjunct Faculty, Liberty University Online, 2019–
- Adjunct Faculty, Cedarville University Online, 2019–
- Dean of Admissions, CCBS, 2017–2019
- Vice President of Enrollment & Student Services, CCBS, 2019–
- Professor, CCBS, 2010–
- Dissertation: "A Phenomenological Study Exploring Factors that Contribute to Academic Persistence for Nontraditional Undergraduate African American Male Degree-Completers from Bible Colleges in the Southeast"
- "Academic Persistence for Nontraditional African American Males in Bible Colleges" in Biblical Higher Education (Spring 2020): 31-54.
- Co-Author, The Gospel of Grace: A New Testament Survey (2019)
- Co-Author, The History of Israel and the World: An Old Testament Survey (2022, forthcoming)
- Rodney's greatest accomplishment in life can be summed up in the words "Mr. & Mrs. Rodney Phillips." That phrase has been theirs for more than 40 years. Their "pride and joy" center on 3 adult children and 7 grandchildren. Rodney and his wife love to go out on dates, walk and hikes, savor a cup of hot, home-brewed espresso.