Discipline Greek, New Testament
Dr. David Christensen
Teaching since: 2022
- B.S. in Electrical and Computer Engineering Technology, Purdue University
- M.Div. (emphasis in Original Language Exegesis and Biblical Counseling), Faith Bible Seminary
- Th.M. in New Testament and Systematic Theology, The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary
- Ph.D. in New Testament, The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary
- Pastoral Intern, Faith Church, Lafayette, IN, 2013–16
- Small Group Teacher, Ninth & O Baptist Church, Louisville, KY, 2016–
- Contributing Author, Radical.net, Birmingham, AL, 2021–
- Adjunct Faculty, Southern Seminary Online, 2017–19
- Visiting Faculty, Faith Bible Seminary, 2020–
- Professor, CCBS, 2022–
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- Dissertation: “The Lamblike Servant: Exodus Typology and the Death of Jesus in the Gospel of John” (PDF available here).
- David Vincent Christensen, “The Function of John’s Use of the OT for Understanding Jesus’ Death” (Paper presented at the 74th Annual Meeting of the Evangelical Theological Society, Denver, CO, 2022).
- _______, “Convergence of Exodus Imagery in the Bookends of the Fourth Gospel” (Paper presented at the 70th Annual Meeting of the Evangelical Theological Society, Denver, CO, 2018).
- _______, “Review of Piper’s What Is Saving Faith?,” SBJT, forthcoming.
- William F. Cook and David Vincent Christensen, The First Christmas Story: From Heaven to Earth (Nashville, TN: B & H Academic, 2023 [forthcoming]).