Military & Veterans
Maximize Your Benefits
CCBS is honored to serve as a military-friendly Christian college in North Carolina, as well as to serve our veterans worldwide. Our desire is to facilitate your education and ensure you receive the maximum benefits to which you are entitled.
There are a variety of benefits available for active military service members, veterans, retirees, and eligible family members. These benefits depend on the military status and branch of service.
Our School Certifying Officials can help students with the following benefits:
- Chapter 30 Montgomery GI Bill®
- Chapter 31 Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment
- Chapter 33 Post 9/11 GI Bill®
- Chapter 35 Survivors/Dependents Educational Assistance
- Chapter 1606 M GI Bill®: Selected Reserve
- Chapter 1607 M GI Bill®: Reserve Educational Assistance Program (REAP)
- Tuition Assistance
To receive VA benefits at CCBS, you must:
- Be accepted and officially registered for courses.
- Provide a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility letter from the VA.
- Read, sign, and return the Veterans Benefits Form. This should be submitted before initial enrollment certification.
After completion, all documents may be emailed or mailed to the Admissions office.
- Transfer Students – If you have used VA educational benefits at a previous college, you must complete your Change of Program form to transfer your benefits to CCBS.
- Current Students – If you have been receiving VA benefit payments at CCBS, you will need to submit the Veteran Benefits form each semester.
- Veterans Disclosures – Johnny Isakson and David P. Roe, M.D. Veterans Health Care and Benefits Improvement Act of 2020 adds new requirements for educational institutions participating in the educational assistance programs of the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).
How to Get Started
APPLY FOR VA BENEFITS
Your military service has earned you many benefits, including assistance with furthering your education. You can apply for your VA Benefits through the VA website.
If you’re having trouble with the application process, please call the VA education case manager at 888-GIB-ILL1 for help.
SUBMIT YOUR CERTIFICATE OF ELIGIBILITY
Provide a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility from the VA. Document(s) may be emailed to the Admissions department at email@example.com or turned in to the admissions office.