Bachelor of Arts in Bibical Counseling
Prepare for a Career in Counseling
The Bachelor of Arts in Biblical Counseling equips students to serve in a wide variety of biblical guidance ministries in local churches, counseling centers, or missions settings. Students will develop skills in counseling, pastoral care, and family ministries. The focus of biblical counseling is to bring the wisdom of God’s Word and the hope of the gospel to restore broken people, marriages, and families and to offer care for souls.
120 Semester Hours
Average Completion Time
Campus or Online
You Might Like This Program If…
- You are a pastor, serve on a church staff, or serve as a layperson with the church to meet the multitude of needs of the congregation.
- You long to care for the one in five adults in the United States who experience mental illness each year.
- You desire to meet counseling needs at a local Christian counseling center, a hospital/healthcare setting, or on the mission field.
Each student will be able to:
- Describe the theology and methodology of biblical counseling.
- Develop a biblical and theological understanding of human nature, human problems, and appropriate solutions.
- Apply principles of biblical counseling to specific counseling situations.
Potential Career Paths
- Christian counselor
- Men or Women’s Ministry Leader
Sample Course Outline
Year 1: How to Study the Bible, OT Survey, NT Survey
Year 2: Evangelism & Missions, Doctrine, Hermeneutics
Year 3: Intro. to Biblical Counseling, Theological Foundations of Biblical Counseling, Emotions & Addictions, Grief/Death/Crisis Counseling
Year 4: Contemporary Issues in Biblical Counseling, Biblical Counseling and the Church, Methods of Biblical Counseling, How to Counsel