Master of Divinity
Prepare for Professional Ministry
The Master of Divinity is a professional degree that equips students biblically, theologically, practically, and professionally in ministry leadership roles (e.g., pastor, chaplain, counselor) and serves as a foundation for doctoral studies.
84 Semester Hours
Average Completion Time
Campus or Online
You Might Like This Program If…
- You want to serve as a pastor in the local church
- You want to apply to be a chaplain in the United States military
- You want to be academically prepared for doctoral studies
- You want to take concentrated courses in apologetics, biblical counseling, or chaplaincy
Each student will be able to:
- Demonstrate an advanced knowledge of biblical and theological studies
- Develop marks of spiritual growth and maturity
- Exemplify graduate level theological research, critical thinking, and competency in communication.
- Develop competencies in leadership and professional ministry skills.
Potential Career Paths
- Doctoral studies
Sample Course Outline
Year 1: Introduction to Theological Research, OT Survey, NT Survey
Year 2: Hermeneutics, Systematic Theology, Advanced Discipleship
Year 3: Biblical Greek/Hebrew for Ministry, Christian Ethics, Biblical Exposition
Year 4: Concentration Courses, Internship